Saturday, September 13, 2008

Passing the Bar

I just found out that I passed the Utah Bar!! I've been checking the Utah Bar website periodically hoping our scores would be posted, and as late as this afternoon nothing was there. But this evening I got a text message from a friend telling me she had passed, so I checked again and sure enough, the results were there. With some trepidation I checked my applicant number multiple times and had my roommate verify that the word "pass" was indeed next to my applicant number. I should get a letter sometime this next week telling me my exact scores. Employers really only care that you pass, so the scores really aren't that important. But, I am thinking of taking the Idaho Bar in February, and if I did well on the multiple choice portion I can transfer the score and take only the essay portion.

I'm really relieved and feel very blessed. I felt more nervous the week before I took the bar than I can ever remember feeling about anything. I was having trouble sleeping and eating and just generally felt unsettled. The Sunday before the bar (it was on the last Tuesday and Wednesday in July) I had an interview with my bishop for Relief Society stuff, and at the end he asked me how I was doing. I told him how nervous I was about taking the bar, and he asked if I'd had a priesthood blessing. I answered that I'd been wanting one all week but didn't really know who I should ask because my home teachers have only come one time... My good bishop then offered to give me a blessing. He promised me I would pass, and he promised me that I would feel peace after I took the test. I felt like a great weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I slept well that night for the first time in days, and I really did feel fine after I walked out of the test. I'm also sure that all the prayers my friends and family said on my behalf were very helpful. I haven't had so many people tell me they were praying for me since I was a missionary, and I'm sure it helped. I am so blessed!

7 comments:

kenders said...

Hey Jenni!
Just found your group blog when I as looking at your information on my blog. Great job passing the bar!!! That's really exciting. I'm also glad you felt so much better after getting a priesthood blessing. If you ever create a personal blog, let me know. :)

Unknown said...

Wonderful!! I am so happy for you. Go out and have a big celibration.

Shauna said...

Jenni,
I am so happy for you! I can't even imagine how good it feels to have that under your belt. It's a representation of many years of hard work. Great job!

Amy K said...

YAHOO! You really are a wonderfully intelligent, beautiful, charming, fun, energetic, and spiritual woman. Now you can add "lawyer" to that long list of attributes. Mmmm, I already feel better about the term "lawyer" because of you! :) Way to go!

Becky said...

Jenni - that is soooo awesome! I can only slightly imagine the relief you must feel. You are amazing in my book!
Becky

Kerstin said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Wow! You biked a 100 miler, ran a 1/2 marathon, and passed the bar -- all in the same summer. You are superwoman!!
Kerstin

Shelli said...

"Ditto" to all of the above -- way to go! I had no doubt that you would pass. Congrats!