Thursday, September 11, 2008

Do you have a favorite Christmas Carol? The Christmas season is truly brought to life through it's music. Have you ever found yourself touched by the words you hear at Christmas time? Have you taken time to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas and how it relates to you in your life because you were blessed to hear an old, familiar carol play? I have always loved Christmas carols and have been blessed on occasion to receive carolers at my door. One special memory I have occurred for our family on Christmas Eve. We managed to make our way up a stormy canyon rode and arrived safely at our little cabin to celebrate Christmas. In the dark of night, with snow gently falling all around, it was very quiet. As we began unpacking, there was a knock at the door. We opened it to hear the familiar sound of carolers. I was totally surprised and wondered where these angels came from. Then I listened to their words and was so touched I began to cry. My heart swelled with emotion and felt such gratitude to my Heavenly Father for this blessing to literally welcome us to our cabin and set the tone for a very Merry Christmas. Caroling can gladden the heart at Christmas time, uplift our spirits, and bring joy to our souls.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy, I love it! This is so beautiful. This program is going to be great.

Shelli said...

I love it. Didn't you mention that you'd had a harrowing day/ride previous to this and that it truly set the mood for you? If that was the case, I think it adds to the story. I love how eloquent you are with words.