Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Becky's part

Becky's part
What would Christmas be without traditions?
"Family traditions are like spiritual and emotional cement in the foundation of a happy home. They create fond memories, and these memories bond us together as nothing else can. Traditions influence the way we live and the way we look at life." (Ensign, March 1986)
Some of our families' favorite traditions center on the joy of service. For years we have thoughtfully chosen a family in our neighborhood and surprised them on December 13th with the 12 days of Christmas. Each night through Christmas Eve we leave a fun something that we know they would enjoy on their door step. What joy we have received from hiding and listening to the squeals of delight from children.
Another tradition we have is putting surprises in each others' stockings on Christmas Eve. One of the first years I sang with this group, I woke Christmas morning to a fun surprise in my stocking - a dozen Almond Joys! I laughed and laughed. You will understand why after you hear our next song. These next couple of songs have become traditions for our group. They bring out the fun side of Christmas. So enjoy with us!

4 comments:

Amy K said...

I posted this so everyone could see it in email and blog form. I think it sounds great! Way to go, Becky!

Becky said...

Thank you so much for posting my part! My daughter is coming this weekend and I am going to have her show me how to post on a blog and whatever else I need to know. Thanks for being patient with me! Remember, I am the grandma of this group!

Unknown said...

This will fit so well in the program. I am so excited for this year. You have a great way with words.
Larna

Shelli said...

Perfect!!!!!