Saturday, November 29, 2008

I'm Soooooooooooo Sorry

Just call me "Space Cadet". I totally spaced tonight's performance until I got a call at 9 pm from Amy checking to see if we were ok. We had an enjoyable weekend in Idaho. We'd reviewed several plans of when to return home (from leaving after lunch on Sat to come right to the performance, to leaving late Fri. night and driving in the dark to leaving quickly after breakfast on Sat. morn so we could do stuff at our own house on Sat. -- like clean it). Anyway, we left it kind of open-ended and kind of changed our mind while we were there and then had a family member not feel well through the night on Fri night and therefore sleep longer than usual on Sat morn. With all of the chaos and with just enjoying hanging out with all of our extended fam, I spaced it as we left Idaho and as we drove home. And the silly thing is that we were probably almost driving by Rose Park at about the right time.
I apologize 1000 times to you all. I hope that it was still a somewhat enjoyable evening for your families.
We did, by-the-way, have a nice holiday visiting with both families despite some of the craziness: like being 2 hours late to one dinner; sick people; forgetting a coat, warm gloves, and boots -- each for a different child -- for our trip into the forest to cut down a Christmas tree; cooking way too many yams; 2-yr olds staying up way too late each night; my sister's onery (sick) and whining children, and FORGETTING A SINGING PERFORMANCE; etc.
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving time. It's actually one of my favorite holidays. I love being with family and I enjoy the fact that it's usually a little less hectic than Christmastime so I can enjoy it a little more fully. (Maybe I'll look forward to that again some more next year.)

3 comments:

Annalise said...

Shelli, just glad to hear you're okay!! And we definitely missed you! It came together okay, but I'm looking forward to having you back with us next week.

Shauna said...

I'm happy to hear you are doing okay. With all of the sick people you wrote about maybe it was ment to be that you missed us. I would hate for us all to miss next week because we were sick. I hope everyone feels good at your house.

Unknown said...

We missed you Shelli. Gloria is not the same without you. I am glad you are alright. See ya Tuesday.