Monday, August 18, 2008

Update

Hey guys. Just an update. I grew tired of waiting to hear from whatever school had the opening for a choir teacher, so I called our local middle school to let them know I was interested in starting a choir program (since I knew they, at least, didn't have a choir program as of yet). I finally heard the next day that the opening was at a different school. When I called that school they told me they didn't have an opening at all. I was pretty bummed. Then, two days later I heard from the principal from our local middle school asking me to tell him what I had in mind. I went over and introduced myself and took a copy of my resume. He asked me to come to their next SIC meeting and present my ideas. He seemed excited about it and he introduced me to the whole office staff. Of course, if they liked the idea, it would have to go through the district and they would have to open it up for hire, but it looks good so far.

I also mentioned I was possibly moving to another house in our ward. I finally got to look through the house I was sure we were going to love and move into in a month and a half when they retired to St. George. Well, I didn't like the house. Dave and I have spent 10 years on the inside of our house (carpet, painting, finishing the downstairs) and this other house has a lot of work left to do. Since Dave and I are not project people, we don't want to go back to doing more projects. So, we are pouring lots of concrete in our own backyard for a nice patio.

That's the update. This week we have ugly registration for our 12 year old. Wish me luck.
Kerstin

7 comments:

JoDell said...

That is awesome! Good luck!!
Is Casey going to Northwest?

JoDell

Annalise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shauna said...

I love getting the scoop before practice! My big news is my new calling. I am now the YW president. I would love any suggestions all of you past YW presidents have. I am so excited to be working with the Laurels. Luckily, I've had all of the other girls as Beehives.

Shauna said...

I've made a big mess with my previous comment. Annalise and I set up the blog on my computer and now my computer keeps getting confused with who is posting. I accidently posted the YW president comment under Annalise and then erased it. So, if anyone gets emails about the comments, they will get my first message written by Annalise. As far as I know, Annalise is not the new YW president but who knows!

Annalise said...

Congrats, Shauna! No, I most certainly am not the YW president. Still choir director, but Brandon just got a new calling--2nd couns. in the Elders Quorum.

Kerstin, good luck with registration and the middle school gig!

JoDell said...

Shauna, I am so jealous of your new calling. It was my all time favorite! you will do a great job!

JoDell

Kerstin said...

Yeah, Casey is going to West. It was a really hard decision. We were going to send her to Northwest all along, but it didn't seem the right fit for Casey. We are really hoping this is the right decision, sending our 12 year old off to school with 18 year olds, yikes!