Friday, January 16, 2009

All Kinds of Stuff.

The Savior of The World Auditions are over and Kersin and I both have parts. I called Kersin and we looked over the schedule and Kerstin can come to practice in February and I will be late. In March we can both come to practice and in April we can both practice. You are all invited to the performance. Friday May 8th and Sat May 9th. We could probably go ahead and have one of the practices in Riverton.

If you want ,Jay will be happy to help us make a CD. If you want a professional sound then it will take longer and we wouldn't be able to get it done in one session. Maybe two or three. Also, recording the piano separate ahead of time would be better. He said he doesn't want any money.

I heard that we were thinking of adding some more altos. My friend Jen Warner is a good alto. She does real well at reading parts and has a nice blending voice. I would LOVE! to have her join us. I just feel bad for Becky. It would be nice to have someone from Layton, so Becky has someone from her area. Maybe we could add two more people. JoDell, if you are reading this we would love to have you back anytime. Let me know if you want me to ask Jen to join the group.

I missed everyone at dinner. It sounds like you had a great time.

6 comments:

Annalise said...

Congrats Larna & Kerstin on your parts! I'm sure it will be a great program.

I asked Leslie in my ward about singing with us, and her first reaction was a definite no, because she feels like she can't sing parts at all. (It's also why she doesn't sing in ward choir--augh!) I gave her some info & told her I'd talk to her about it after she thought about it, so I need to get in touch with her again.

Unknown said...

Let me know what happens. I already know that Jen will say yes, and she sings parts.

Unknown said...

I would like some feed back. Should I ask Jen or not. Do we want to record. I would like some feedback.

Shelli said...

I forgot how to post, but I know how to comment.

Shauna and Amy -- our stake temple day is on our next practice day. I think that there still is a special chapel meeting at 8:30 that evening. What are you planning to do?????

Shauna said...

I will be in Hawaii from the 6th to the 17th so the Chapel meeting will not be an issue for me, the ocean will. I would love to have a different date for February but I am taking a big chunk of the month for my trip. Let me know what you all decide.
Larna, sorry for not commenting before about the song and Jen. I don't love the song because it reminds me of Fruitcake and we all know how I feel about that song. So, sorry I have a tainted opinion. As for Jen, I think we need to wait to hear back from Becky about Vicki and another lady she was thinking of near her and from Annalise's followup with her friend. Thanks for keeping your eye out!
I talked to our ward R.S. about singing this Christmas. Our Stake's policy has changed and we can now have performers from outside the Stake. It would be great to sing in our own ward!

Unknown said...

If we decided to change practice this is when I am available.


On the 12th I can't come until after 9:00

On the 19th I can't come until after 8:00

If we practice on the 26th I can come at 8:30